18 FEBRUARY UPDATE – Following the Government’s announcement, on 17 FEBRUARY 2021, the Auckland region is now at Alert Level 2 after three days of level 3 lockdown. Please refer to our latest COVID-19 update for Alert Level 2 for any move or delivery within the Auckland region.
From midnight Wednesday 17 February 2021, the Auckland regional border was re-opened. All Aucklanders are free to return to work and school, eat out at restaurants and move outside their bubbles.
15 FEBRUARY UPDATE – These guidelines have been updated and reissued to reflect the government announcement made last night. Regarding the re-introduction of Alert Level 3 for Auckland and Alert Level 2 for the rest of NZ, effective at 11.59pm on 14 February 2021.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers. Along with our staff and the wider community as we take collective responsibility to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We take this seriously on behalf of our staff, our contractors and our end customers. This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for deliveries under Covid-19 Alert Level 3 for the Auckland region as defined by the Government. We have been here before and our staff are practiced at operating with the correct levels of safety for all concerned.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes:
All our staff, including our delivery teams, have been re-briefed on the guidelines including:
- Observing all required hygiene practices around hand washing / sanitising and keeping surfaces clean.
- To practice social distancing at all times.
- We have reminded all staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they should not undertake any deliveries/ work and they should seek medical advice and get a test immediately.
Additional steps for completing Pickup and Delivery jobs, under Alert Level 3:
- The Ministry of Health guidelines indicate that services such as ours, (similar to tradespeople working in customer’s homes) are not required to wear PPE. Providing social distancing is observed and agreed to, in advance by the customer. Smart Express will endeavour to wear at all practical times the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks during the pick and delivery process.
- Furthermore, if any customer requests us to wear PPE gear we will meet their request.
- These requirements are for your safety, your customer’s safety and for the safety of our teams.
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitisers and or wipes, and our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, door locks and handles at the beginning and end of each home delivery.
- We will not require any customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm proof of delivery. We will either record the name of the person we have delivered to, noting the time of delivery within our system or take a photo as proof of delivery.
- Any customer payments will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card/eftpos card via non contact methods).
- We will seek minimise all direct contact with customers.
Pickup and Delivery process under Alert Level 3:
- On arrival at your business premises (warehouse or retail store), we will maintain distance from any individual by a minimum 2 metres.
- We will phone the store relevant to customer in advance to notify of our arrival.
- If the retail store or warehouse has additional specific safety and pickup guidelines, these will be followed by our teams.
- On arrival we will make the store person is aware of what is to be picked up and identify (point to the consignment) to be uplifted.
- All Smart Express teams will check the order against paperwork and job description, load and sign off the order using their own pen avoiding any unnecessary contact.
- Delivery will be made into the home, providing that the customer observes the accepted social distancing protocols.
- Our services under Level 3 can include the following providing the required social distancing is observed;
- Items placement
- Removal of old items
- Packaging removal and associated recycling
If you need any assistance or clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact the Smart Express office on 09 22 22 555.
Thank you for your ongoing support through this ever changing environment. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office on 09 22 22 555, or if, you’d prefer, talk to one of team directly, their contacts below.
Susan Spelman Business Director 022 4774724 firstname.lastname@example.org
Devan Devaroyan Business Director 027 3322 553 email@example.com
Nick Sawers Operations Manager 027 33 33 899 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Bromilow Regional Manager 021 0800 0613 email@example.com
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures. After all, we are in this together and there is still evidence of COVID-19 in our community.