Like many business owners and movers Auckland, it’s hard to not look back on 2020 with some wonder. No one could have predicted a year ahead, with so many challenges. An entirely new language we all had to learn this year. A word as simple as ‘bubble’ now means a whole lot more and some people now squirm at hearing the word ‘unprecedented’.
Susan and Devan our company owners thank our amazing staff and loyal customers.
While this year has thrown us all some unexpected events, we have been fortunate enough to experience some awesome milestones. Smart Express took home the ‘Best of the Best’ Award in Customer Service Delivery at the Westpac Business Awards. More importantly, we completed an average of 5,200 jobs a month in 2020. We would like to acknowledge all our loyal customers and our hard working teams, both in the field and in the office for their tremendous support this year.
COVID-19, has certainly been a dominant factor this year but attached to this virus is a shared experience with our staff and Owner Drivers whom we can’t thank enough. This Blog post has been written as a way of recording our successes in a year where we not only survived, we actually thrived through the sheer hard work of our staff and contractors. We have certainly come out the stronger for it and with the support of our teams, who helped Smart Express achieve many major milestones.
Like many businesses we were extremely apprehensive about what lay ahead following The Level 4 Lockdown announcement in late March. We knew we were not alone in sharing real concerns about the possibility of significant business retrenchment and the financial welfare of our staff. The flexibility of our staff to change, adapt, and their sheer willingness to support each other and the business will not be forgotten and this shared experience has made us all stronger.
Without the benefit of a crystal ball, the early apprehension quickly turned to one of hope and optimism about what we could achieve. We rethought processes and looked for better ways to work more efficiently. We went back to basics and tried at every turn to put the customer at the heart of everything we did. A simple mantra such as, look after the customer and the customer will look after you and they did.
We would like to share with you a long list of achievements that our hard working staff and owner driver network made possible against a very challenging backdrop.
- We doubled our truck capacity for Smart Express Tauranga. Launching into the House Moving market in the Bay of Plenty with a bang!
- We grew our Smart Express Auckland Movers fleet, putting more vehicles on the road to meet increased delivery demands as Aucklanders turned to spending more in, and on their homes.
- We launched Smart Express Hamilton Movers into the Waikato region.
- We expanded into Storage and Logistics with Smart Express Storage, securing a lease on a 2,200 sq metre warehouse.
- We also gained MPI approval for Container Devanning, widening our scope of services to key furniture retail customers.
- We refreshed our main Smart Express website while also creating standalone websites for our Hamilton Moving and Tauranga Moving markets.
- We upgraded our online moving and delivery quoting and web based booking platform.
- We passed customer review milestones of over 750 on Google and passed 1,700 reviews on TradeMe.
- We installed a new telephone system for enhanced call quality and improved customer service
- We added, not decreased, staff numbers in the office to better support our teams in the field.
- Last but certainly not least, our office and field team’s efforts were truly recognised in 2020. By being awarded the Auckland Chamber of Commerce Westpac Best of the Best Award 2020 for Excellence in Customer Service Delivery.
To our staff and their families, and our hard working Owner Drivers and their families we cannot thank you enough for your dedication and support throughout 2020. We are so proud of what we have all achieved.
Susan Spelman and Devan Devaroyan
Don’t delay book for next-day delivery, in time for Christmas.
For those last minute Christmas gifts that are 2 Big 4 Your Car, call Smart Express to get them delivered right to your doorstep. During the holiday period, our office is open 7 Days, 7am – 7pm, except Christmas Day (Friday 25 December, 2020) and New Year’s Day (Friday 1 January, 2021).
The Smart Express team wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We thank you for all the support you have given us during 2020. If you need help with moving or deliveries, contact our award winning team 7 Days, 7am to 7pm.
With 1 and 2 Man Vans and 2 and 3 Man Truck available, we can cater for any moving or delivery job. Call us today or use our Online Quote Wizard 24/7.
See what our customers are saying.
Our happy customers have a lot to say about our people and services!
“We moved from Auckland to Tauranga and had a really great experience from planning to completion of our move. Wayne was really helpful in the planning stage and Gary and his team were super efficient on the day. It was easy and simple. Thanks so much!”
“The team from Smart Express were fantastic! Communication prior was excellent, and the move couldn’t have gone smoother, they were on time, friendly and made the whole process so easy – thank you so much, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them, and will definitely use them again!”
“Thank you Mike and Team for the best move ever! Super fast, super easy, and super cheap. I’ve moved house twice with this company and over the past 50 years I’ve seen no one close them. Just the best movers you’ve ever seen. Thank you!”
Just in time for your Christmas BBQ!
To enter, simply Like our Facebook page, Like our Giveaway post and share with your friends. Follow all the entry guideline steps here below;
- Like Smart Express Movers on Facebook or Instagram
- Like our Facebook Giveaway post
- Share our Giveaway post with your friends
- NZ entries only
Enter now for your chance to win Big! We’ll announce the winner early next month. Good luck to everyone 😉 Have a great day from all the Smart Express Team.
Contact Movers Auckland now for a free quote and to help with your questions.
You can call our Auckland Movers office weekdays and weekends for a free quote. You can also book online via our Online Quote Wizard.
Smart Express Auckland
1/19 Hannigan Drive
Saint Johns, Auckland 1072
Mon to Fri: 7am – 7pm
Sat: 7am to 7pm
Sun: 7am to 7pm